Brett Maclaughlin – Head First Labs
1. Write topic down
2. What could someone do, if they would just learn this tool? Actions that could be taken
3. Why does that matter? How would that enrich your life?
1. Start with a bang.
2. Start in the middle.
3. Get people kicking butt fast.
Getting peoples attention
1. Lead with questions to things you haven’t fully explained to the readers (dilemmas)
2. Have debates
3. Cliff hangers
5. Garden paths
6. Give smallest steps towards future power
7. Acknowledge that some things are hard
8. Give them the language to feel like a pro (domain specific language)