It’s been a two year labor of love that contains all the harsh lessons, war stories, insights, and tricks of the trade myself and many others have gathered over the last ten years.
If you are new to agile, or you know someone who is just about to start their very own agile project, please consider sending them to the URL below
and give them the tools and insight I wish I had when I started my journey 10 years ago.
(abstract from the back page)
Get ready to kick some software project butt.
Enter the world of the agile samurai, where the most dire of software project situations are dispatched with ease and grace. By learning the ways of the agile samurai you will discover:
* how to create plans and schedules your customer and your team can believe in
* what characteristics make a good agile team and how to form your own
* how to gather requirements in a fraction of the time using agile user stories
* what to do when you discover your schedule is wrong, and how to look like a pro correcting it
* how to execute fiercely by leveraging the power of the agile software engineering practices
By the end of this book you will know everything you need to set up, execute, and successfully deliver agile projects. If you’re a project lead, this book gives you the tools to set up and lead your agile project from start to finish. If you are an analyst, programmer, tester, usability designer, or project manager, this book gives you the insight and foundation necessary to become a valuable agile team member.
Packed with best practices, war stories, and hands-on tutorial exercises, The Agile Samurai slices away the fluff and theory that make other books un-agile. This book will make a difference.